Intellectual Property Trademark Specialist
JTI Poland is part of Japan Tobacco International, a leading international tobacco company. We operate in 130 countries, employ over 45,000 people worldwide and our product portfolio includes world-renowned brands such as Camel, LD, Winston and Logic, available on the Polish market.
In Poland, we employ over 2,300 employees and we are the 3rd player in the tobacco industry. Since the beginning of JTI’s operations in Poland in 2007, we have been the fastest growing tobacco company: our market share has more than quadrupled and our production volume has grown more than 10 times.
But our business, isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business. That’s why since 11 years JTI is one of the Top Employers in Poland, in 2020 being ranked number one for the second year in a row.
We are looking for an experienced Trademark administrator, who in due time will be one of several administrators who will handle all trademark and designs prosecutions for the global trademark portfolio of the JT Group of companies. You will work with the JTI Trademark & Designs team based in Geneva, Switzerland on a daily basis and communicate with a global network of IP agents. The candidate we are looking for will for the first part of the year exclusively work on documenting the existing work procedures performed by the current Geneva based administrators.
Candidates must be able to communicate with clients and foreign counsel in English. Excellent spelling, computer and organizational skills are a must. This person also needs to have the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and manage deadlines.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
- To handle the prosecution of the trademark and design portfolio of JTI globally under the instruction and supervision of the Trademark and Design Team, including trademark filing and renewal.
- To handle the creation and maintenance of physical and electronic files capturing key correspondence relating to JTI’s trademark and design portfolio, including scanning, archiving and saving of correspondence and certificates.
- To handle the date entry and maintenance of key trademark and design information into the company’s trademark database, under the supervision of the Trademark and Designs Team
- To handle specified additional task as creating Trademark Reports, handle customs applications and registration etc..
- Corresponding with external counsel/trademark agents regarding trademark filing and prosecution matters
- Document existing prosecution procedures in the team and prepare relevant training materials for future administrators.
- Min. 2 years of relevant trademark and / or design prosecution experience.
- Fluent written & spoken English
- Problem solving, attention to detail and clear communication of complex instructions
- Ability to self-start work in an unstructured environment