Senior Analyst in Risk Tools & Analytics for Market Risk Control
It’s an exciting time to join our Financial Reporting and Control unit as we have just started to build our department structures in Warsaw and offer lots of new opportunities to people seeking to continue their professional growth within the risk area.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
The Risk Tools & Analytics sits in the Middle Office function of Nordea, overseeing both Markets and Treasury activities. The position offers much interaction with our Front Office colleagues and the opportunity to make a difference in how risk is seen and used to steer our business. You will be joining a group of seasoned risk experts within the biggest Bank in the Nordics that are responsible for:
- Offering expertise and tooling to explain risk to our stakeholders in the Front Office and other group functions
- Developing and optimizing our risk limit framework together with Front Office
- Automating risk controls to make our work efficient
We are now looking for a Senior Analyst with a keen interest in the area of traded and non-traded Market Risk. You will be applying your technical skills and risk knowledge to create automated analytics solutions that are used both as a means to understand our risk and that can also be used in our financial performance tooling (risk adjusted returns).
What you will be doing:
- Utilizing Nordea’s risk models to derive new metrics that bring insights to our stakeholders
- Productionizing and automating the risk solutions with tools like Python and Alteryx
- Exploring how advanced analytics could be utilized to create insights that traditionally have relied on qualitative human input, i.e. machine learning etc.
- Creating insightful dashboards that aim to explain complex risks in easy and intuitive ways, also to users who do not have in-depth risk (model) knowledge
- Collaborating with our stakeholders to gather requirements, managing delivery expectations and delivering on the promised commitments
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best and that we imagine you share with us.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- Are active and self-driven, not hesitating to independently reach out to stakeholders to increase your own level of understanding, align approaches and ensure progress
- Have a good understanding of market risk metrics, related regulation and capital requirements
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and interest in continuous learning
- Are familiar with handling and analysing large amounts of data and can grasp data transformation processes between various IT systems
- Have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Have 5+ years of experience gathered from a banks or other financial institutions, preferably working in market risk or other quantitative area
- Have good IT skills and hands-on programming experience, preferably with Python and SQL. Any experience with ETL tools (e.g. Alteryx), data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI) and other programming languages is an advantage
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 31.10.2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.