Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
We are now looking for a Big Data Infrastructure Engineer, Nordics or Poland with passion and flair for and information security to take ownership for designing, implementing and maintaining the information security principles of our hybrid cloud Big Data Platforms in accordance with to the Chief Security Office guidelines.
This is an opportunity for you to be at the frontier in exciting security and compliance centric territory spanning Big Data infrastructure both on prem and Cloud computing serving our most critical applications as well as supporting the Group Technology strategy.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
You’ll join Big Data Infrastructure Engineering in Core Technology, where we design, deploy and run the Cloudera Hadoop and MapR Big Data platforms supporting Big Data workloads running in multiple cluster environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Bridging current estate to hybrid cloud services ensuring secure interconnectivity between systems.
- Working closely with the Platform Owner to ensure alignment of security initiatives.
- Perform and implement best in class platform security, compliance and availability.
- Frontrunner of Big Data cyber security topics having focus on confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Interact with Business IT Units, 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense including IT cyber security.
- Write and maintain Big Data and Cloud knowledge base: blogs, processes and guidelines.
- Collaborate and coordinate globally with cross border teams and tenants: you help, guide and solve issues related with Big Data Platforms and peripheral integrations, including data and frameworks.
The role is based in Gdańsk; Copenhagen; Gdynia; Helsinki; Oslo; Stockholm; Warsaw. Welcome to join a dynamic and global environment where you will be working close to architects and infrastructure specialists in designing and scoping the future direction of the platform.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind.
- You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table.
- You’re passionate about doing a great job.Your experience and background:
- Hands on experience with security on Big data / database / warehouse platforms, e.g. Hadoop ecosystem or the like.
- Great Linux/Unix skills and experience with all layers of the technology stack.
- Understanding of distributed computing and large enterprise infrastructures
- You have very good communication skills; you exchange ideas and relate to people from all parts and levels in the organisation
- Agile mindset
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 09/12/2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.