Chapter lead – Data Science Model Validation [rekrutacja online]
- You have an academic degree in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or another quantitative/numerical field
- ou have at least 8 to 10 years of related work experience and extensive knowledge in modeling / validation of Data Science / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence models and financial or non-financial risk management
- You have experience in leading and/or coaching in the financial services industry in an hierarchical or project management role;
- You have sufficient experience with adequate and effective stakeholder management, as well as auditors, regulators and onsite inspections
- You have experience in being a (pro-active) sparring partner/advisor to Senior Management, in which your presentations are well structured, easy to follow and can be both high level and detailed (on e.g. the contents)
- You have high-quality standards, you are organized & persuasive, you like to interact and build relationships and are a role model in these aspects
- You are enthusiastic, communicative, flexible and you have good people management skills
- You want to effectively coach your chapter members on the content and be able to take end-responsibility on the quality of delivery, you bring in senior/principal level model risk, financial and/or non-financial risk expertise.
- Experience with the agile way of working and interests in progressing with this
- Genuine passion for continuously improving yourself and your team
- Transparency, open-mindedness and value for diversity and inclusion
- Focus on coaching and inspiring individuals and teams to continuously improve themselves
- Being an advocate of the “ING Orange Code”, a naturally collaborative person and team player who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals
At ING Tech Poland and ING group we follow the Agile approach and mindset. We use flexible frameworks like Scrum and Kanban at our everyday work. We are innovative and we trust people we work with. The broad autonomy our employees have, stimulates motivation and creativity what allows us to adapt to the changing requirements of business partners. Small units called squads are the core of our organization. They have clear vision of products, overcome challenges autonomously and based on team cooperation, work out the most flexible and effective way of working.
RiskHub Warsaw was created as a part of central risk team currently located in Amsterdam. In Warsaw we are building following areas:
- Data and Tools
- Credit & ALM Risk Modelling
- Model Risk Management & Model Validation
- IT for Modeling & Analytics
Within Model Risk Management area we are building a new chapter of Data Science Model Validation (DSMV) part of Model Risk Oversight (MRO). MRO is a fast growing, energetic, international team of highly qualified Model Risk experts, Business Analysts, and DevOps Engineers. MRO is developing and rolling out the new Model Risk Management (MoRM) framework which scope covers all models used within ING Bank worldwide.
The Data Science Model Validation (DSMV) team is a chapter within the MRO tribe. We are responsible for validating data science and other non-regulatory models used by ING worldwide. By bringing in our expertise we assure that models are appropriate for intended use, compliant with internal policies and external regulations and its limitations are well understood by the organization. Our goal is to ensure a strong model validation and model lifecycle landscape within ING.
The Risk Hub Warsaw MRO team supports/guides global and local model communities in execution of the model life cycle activities, together with Global MRO team facilitates oversight, monitoring model risk, and reporting for local entities.
Within Risk Hub Warsaw, we are looking for Chapter Lead for DSMV team to ensure continuous focus on people development and improving our team’s craftmanship, skills and capabilities.
- contract of employment
type of contract
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Zajęcza 4, Warsaw
this is the location of our office
In this role you will report to the MRO Tribe Lead.
You are part of the leadership team of the Model Risk Oversight Tribe. Together with other Chapter Leads, Product Owners and the Tribe Lead you design and drive the Tribe’s vision and execute its strategy.
As a Chapter Lead you will drive the people agenda; spend about 40% of your time on people management & development. You manage a chapter of about 6~10 model risk experts and the tasks include:
- managing performance management cycle with your chapter members (target setting, mid-year reviews, year-end evaluations; regular bila’s);
- ensuring continuous improvement by providing on-the-job coaching, driving the feedback culture in teams;
- working together with Product Owners in your Tribe, ensuring good quality of deliverables and realistic QBR and Sprints planning and resource management;
- inspiring individuals/teams to improve & grow and support career development;
- setting standards for developing, innovating and safeguarding craftsmanship/ knowledge in the field of expertise (owner of the Skills & Knowledge matrix);
- ensuring a balance between squad (deliverables) -vs- people development;
- driving team happiness reported by quarterly Team Barometer result;
- recruiting and onboarding new talents;
The remainder of your time (60%) you spend on content related tasks contributing to the delivery of Tribe’s strategy, vision and realization of objectives:
- You are end-responsible for the quality of the work performed by your chapter members, in cooperation with the Product Owners
- you support the Tribe Lead in development and maintenance of wider internal relations (with Senior Management on HQ level and within entities) and external relations ( with regulatory bodies, peer financial institutions, academia).
We are looking for a colleague with people management skills who gets energized by coaching and inspiring individuals and teams to continuously improve themselves. You are an advocate of the “ING Orange Code”, a naturally collaborative person and team player who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You feel comfortable to provide continuous feedback to your team and embrace and promote the ING One Way of Working.
- professional development
- certificates and knowledge development
- training budget
- access to the newest technologies
- international projects
- free English courses
- provate medical care
- 50% funded Multisport Card
- bicycle parking
- chillout rooms
- integration events and Stay Fit program
- stability of employement
- fully equipped workstations
Jeżeli w przyszłości, chciałbyś/chciałabyś brać udział w innych rekrutacjach prowadzonych przez ING Business Shared Services B.V. sp. z o.o. Oddział w Polsce z siedzibą w Katowicach, potrzebujemy Twojej dodatkowej zgody: „Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych na potrzeby przeprowadzenia przyszłych rekrutacji.”
W przypadku wyrażenia zgody na przetwarzanie Twoich danych osobowych na potrzeby przyszłych rekrutacji informujemy, że będą one wykorzystywane przez okres 2 lat. Wszystkie informacje dotyczące przetwarzania Twoich danych osobowych znajdziesz tutaj.