Data Scientist for Supply Chain Forecasting
Poland - Warsaw - Zabraniecka 20
Data Scientists at P&G are passionate about transforming data into valuable insights and decisions, having the ability to mine terabytes of data, develop models and algorithms, communicate and influence business, and deploy production ready solutions in the fields of predictive modelling, optimization, natural language processing, computer vision and others.
Within our Supply Chain IT, we help make sure everyday use products (like diapers, laundry detergents, disinfectants, soap or shampoos) reach people reliably where and when they need them. As part of our hard work during COVID we were able to maintain service and meet needs of people where some competitors could not.
At this moment, we’re looking for a hardworking DS to join one of our Data Science and MLOps teams, working on predictive modelling solutions relating to events of high volatility or previously unseen patterns. Work on a multitude of ML problems building, improving and maintaining our “industry first, unsolved before” response to a business problem, that the users are raving about. We’re in production, but dynamically growing - so you’ll be able to both learn from us and contribute your share.
The job will demand to "go beyond kaggle", working on sustainable models that are economical to use and put you in international collaboration with data scientists, specialists and analysts across the world. We need you to be an effective communicator, being able to explain, visualize and troubleshoot machine learning models’ behavior hand in hand with business specialists.
We are looking for:
- Good hands-on coding and troubleshooting skills – we work in Python, so we assume you know it or can switch quickly. Knowledge of Git, SQL, Spark, Databricks, R will come helpful.
- Hands-on problem / data visualization skills – via Python frameworks or interactive suites (PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire).
- Strong analytical skills (predictive modeling, supervised learning, optimization, simulation, etc.).
- Shown success in leadership, problem solving and priority setting.
- Excellent collaboration skills and working comfortably across teams.
- English proficiency and at least a Bachelors degree.
Nice to have:
- Passion to transform how decisions are made and how ML empowers humans through scaled and ad-hoc application of analytics.
- Some experience in CPG (FMCG), supply chain, analytics or consulting.
- Proven success at deriving insight from data and optimal communicating those insights to drive action.
Just so you know:
You might be expected to travel for up to 10% of your time – except for the period of time related to the restrictions of Covid-19.
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous mentoring, you will work with hardworking people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Industry Certifications (ITIL, DevOps, MS portfolio etc), full additional benefit program like private health care, P&G Dynamic Living programs like sport cards, in-office fitness center, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy, regular salary increases and possible promotions, flexible work arrangements, mentoring programs & trainings.
Who we are:
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we are the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship. The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment! We commit to provide you with equal opportunities in employment! We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.