Intern in Balance Sheet Control
Are you a final year student or graduate looking for great and interesting start for your banking career?
We are looking for intelligent, original, collaborative, passionate people ready to learn, challenge and adapt for our Internship programme that would last from 9 to 12 months.
Currently we are looking for Internswithin Markets & Treasury Financial Control (MTFC) in Nordea.
The aim of MTFC internship is to give you a taste of what it’s like to work in the international organization , along with gaining valuable skills and experiences that you’ll bring into your future career.
We at Nordea will support you with:
- Technical training across our processes and business areas to develop your skills
- Building networks
- Growing your understanding of banking and Markets & Treasury Financial Control
- Help with developing the soft skills needed to be successful
You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and provided guidance and support throughout the programme, and help you develop your professional skills and network.
Your future responsibilities
Markets & Treasury Financial Control (“MTFC") responsibility is to follow-up compliance with regulations and internal rules, limits & guidelines on financial risks relating to the Trading Book and Banking Book activities in Nordea where traded financial instruments are used. This includes controlling, analysis and reporting in relation to risk exposures, valuations of those and the resulting P/L and profitability. This is done on daily basis and MTFC reports are signed-off and used as part of everyday business decision making in front office in Markets and Group Treasury in Nordea.
What you will be doing:
- Help the team that you are assigned with performance of their daily tasks and activities
- Participation in Project work
- Collaborate across the team to deliver on business and team goals
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in your processes and within the unit
What we are expecting:
- Creative Thinking: you can think creatively, have a “questioning” mind-set
- Flexibility & Reliability: you can take on new assignments, discern what is important and demonstrate ownership
- Drive & Motivation: you can successfully handle multiple tasks and take both initiative and accountability for improving your own performance
- Judgement: you display good judgement and think ahead
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Final year student of Bachelor or Masters programme or a Graduate in Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar field
- Fluency in English - spoken & written
- Knowledge about banking and finance
- Knowledge about financial products and instruments
- Excellent academic records
- Strong Excel skills
- Willingness to learn VBA or Python
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 08/22/2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.