Mobility Operations & Payroll Group Manager - GBS Knowledge
JTI Poland is part of Japan Tobacco International, a leading international tobacco company. We operate in 130 countries, employ over 45,000 people worldwide and our product portfolio includes world-renowned brands such as Camel, LD, Winston and Logic, available on the Polish market.
In Poland, we employ over 2,300 employees and we are the 3rd player in the tobacco industry. Since the beginning of JTI’s operations in Poland in 2007, we have been the fastest growing tobacco company: our market share has more than quadrupled and our production volume has grown more than 10 times.
But our business, isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business. That’s why since 11 years JTI is one of the Top Employers in Poland, in 2020 being ranked number one for the second year in a row.
This is the key role to support the deployment of GBS Mobility Operations & Payroll Service delivery model ensuring governance, controls and proper segregation of duties in managing complex payroll processes for International assignees across JTI organization.
You will be part of the Global Rewards GBS Knowledge team and will be accountable for providing consultancy support to Global Rewards management, Local Payrolls, Home/ Host P&C, Tax vendor and Mobility System Provider, acting as the guardian for numerous Global Mobility Operations & Payroll processes and systems. You will be also responsible for Compensation & Benefits operations for JTI Services mainly for Payroll Accounting, X-charging processes & Banking reconciliation, Mobility Analytics reporting for P&C management, Mobility Program costs analysis & ROI, delivery of Mobility Operations & Payroll KPIs.
When you join you will be part of the Global Mobility Modernization project aimed to modernize Global Mobility program supported by state of the art technology. This is a unique opportunity to work in a multinational environment and take part in the design of Mobility Operation model with “ecosystem” implementation connecting all stakeholders, delivering integrated services and advanced user experience.
Leading & Advising on Mobility Operations & Payroll process
- Act as the first point of contact for Mobility Operations & Payroll processes management (including review of Roles & Responsibilities and Segregation of duties, Data confidentiality, Payroll/ Payments preparation and validation).
- Continuously identify areas for process improvements and new business needs, challenge status quo to increase efficiencies and effectiveness in this area.
- Assess impact of stakeholders actions on process stability, accuracy in collaboration with various stakeholders to ensure Global Payroll process controls to qualify as strong controls environment by JTI Internal Auditors as outcome from the audit.
- Ensure timely updates of process documentation.
- Act as a stakeholders advisor to provide expertise both on a Mobility Operations & Payroll processes and system functionality (within area of responsibility).
- Agree, communicate with stakeholders on process changes to ensure process efficiency, awareness, visibility.
JTI Services (Global Employment Company) Compensation & Benefits operations
- Ownership of Payroll Accounting covering Salaries, Fringes & Benefits including GL accounts reconciliation
- Accountable for the booking of the salary interface from Payroll system including Bank accounts reconciliation with SAP Finance
- Management of cost allocation for the Corporate Bonuses of our Assignees across various Markets
- Overall Management of x-charging and invoicing processes between JTI Services and location where our assignees are hosted
- Cooperation with Compensation & Benefits Operations Team at HQ
Global Mobility & Payroll Governance and Controls
- Validate critical payroll changes for Compensations & Benefits and payments and reflect changes in assignment or assignee conditions to be in the position to sign-off on payroll and payment controls.
- Ownership for the overall management of the Assignee Home/ Host Data Gathering Process working in close coordination with our Global Tax consultant.
- Ensure key controls (as defined by P&C controls framework) are executed in a most efficient way.
Mobility Analytics, Program costs oversight
- Responsible for creation of integrated Mobility reporting & Analytics.
- Analysis of return on investments for Mobility Programs.
- Management of Mobility Operations & Payroll KPIs and Service Level Agreements.
Global Mobility systems management
- Responsible for Global Mobility systems operational maintenance & enhancement.
- Ensure efficient systems support model & policies in place.
- Ensure efficient Mobility systems integration in place (APro, SAP HR, Vendor systems, Banks).
- Lead initiatives related to operational systems changes.
- Take full responsibility for preparation of communication and change management plans for ongoing support.
- Manage End User Trainings plans & deliverables.
- Mobility system Licenses management and communication with Global Rewards on system provider contract conditions change requirements.
- Recruit, motivate and guide the professional development of the team, secure knowledge transfer and communication.
- Provide guidance and on job training needed to direct reports to ensure full Mobility Operations & Payroll accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide directions to Global Mobility stakeholders to ensure compliance with company controls, tax and data protection policies.
- You have a university degree in Finance.
- You have 5+ years in payroll, HR and related systems, preferably within international payroll environment Finance & Accounting background and experience in Personal tax and social security concept is required.
- You have a solid Finance & Accounting background with experience in Personal taxes and you are familiar with social security concept.
- You have People/Team management experience.
- You have HR/ Payroll Business Process understanding, Financial controls and risk management, Problem Solving & Decision making, Project Management, Communication & Presentation Skills, Solid negotiation skills.
- You are able to handle a variety of situations/activities mainly deadlines driven with confidentiality and discretion. Open for innovations, able to challenge status quo.
- You pay attention to details. You are diplomatic, strong process/technical related skills, pro-active and structured.
- You have strong analytical skills to interpret and communicate results required along with constructive suggestion.
- You must adhere to highest confidentiality standards, i.e. not only treat data confidentially but being able to emotionally detach what you see from your own personal situation.
- You have a solid expertise with SAP HR, Excel, Visio and Power point and strong comfort level in working with HR/ Payroll applications.
- You are fluent in English (verbal & written).