Senior Data Scientist for Supply Chain Forecasting
Warsaw - Zabraniecka 20
Are you ready for the next step in your Data Science career?
Data Scientists at P&G are passionate about transforming data into valuable insights and decisions. We mine terabytes of data, develop models and algorithms, communicate and influence business, and deploy production ready solutions in the fields of predictive modelling, optimization, natural language processing, computer vision and others.
Within our Supply Chain IT, we help make sure everyday use products (like diapers, laundry detergents, disinfectants, soap or shampoos) reach people reliably where and when they need them. As part of our hard work during COVID, we were able to maintain service and meet needs of people where some competitors could not.
We’re looking for you, a Senior Data Scientist to join one of our Data Science and MLOps teams, focusing on predictive modelling solutions relating to events of high volatility or previously unseen patterns.
We are dynamically building out our “industry first, unsolved before” production solution and engaging P&G data scientists around the world into contributing new code and deployments. As a Senior Data Scientist, your role will be to guide their efforts with your experience, while innovating yourself and making sure the innovations come together in a consistent approach. You will also guide other Data Scientists in problem investigations and engage hands-on on the more difficult pieces of work, responding to changing business conditions, and helping make the system more resilient for the future.
The job will challenge you to "go well beyond Kaggle", elaborating sustainable models efficient to use and will put you in collaboration with data scientists and analysts across the world. We need an effective communicator, being able to explain, visualize and rectify machine learning models’ behavior hand in hand with business professionals.
We are looking for:
- Strong analytical skills proven by previous data science experience (predictive modeling, supervised learning, optimization, simulation, etc.).
- Sharp hands-on coding and troubleshooting skills – we work in Python, so we assume you know it or can switch quickly. Knowledge of git, SQL, Spark, Databricks, R will come helpful.
- Demonstrated hands-on problem/data visualization skills – via Python frameworks or interactive suites (PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire).
- Shown success in leadership, problem solving and priority setting. We will need you to be one of the Data Science thought leaders in our expertise area.
- Ability to guide/mentor less experienced data scientists/analysts.
- Excellent collaboration skills and working comfortably across teams.
- English proficiency and at least a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other IT or quantitative field
Nice to have:
- Passion to transform how decisions are made and how ML empowers humans through scaled and ad-hoc application of analytics.
- Proven success at deploying and maintaining ML-based production systems.
- Experience in CPG (FMCG), supply chain, analytics or consulting.
- Experience deriving insight from data and optimal communicating of those insights to drive action.
Just so you know:
You might need to travel for up to 10% of your time – except for the period of time related to the restrictions of Covid-19.
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of day 1. Project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Impact. By building and supporting ML solutions operationalized at global scale you will influence the shape of next innovation in best-in-class P&G Supply Chain (Gartner’s Supply Chain Masters).
- Growth. Given global nature of our organization, theres opportunity to participate in trainings, knowledge communities and projects beyond our team from day 1. We commit to your career growth - with time we will support you in changing your project, and role/position within our company to match your envisioned career direction.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Full additional benefit program like private health care, P&G Dynamic Living programs like sport cards, in-office fitness center, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy, regular salary increases and possible promotions, flexible work arrangements, mentoring programs & trainings.
Who we are:
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we are the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship! The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment.
We commit to provide you with equal opportunities in employment! We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.