Senior Process Engineer (Methanol)
NES Global Talent is a recruitment company specializing in technical positions. 500 experienced NES recruiters support Candidates and companies in 28 countries, from 45 offices in the following industries: Energy, Construction and Real Estate, Oil and Gas, Pharmacy, IT, Production.
For the Technology Department in we are looking for:
The Senior Process Engineer is an engineering professional whose role is to participate in the design of a process unit, to establish process design basis, to perform process calculations, to develop process options and optimization of selected design. Senior Process Engineer applies advanced engineering techniques and shall perform work independently. He/ she must have a high level of understanding the workflow during project execution and it influences the success of the project- high level of understanding the deliverables and interfaces between process engineering, other engineering disciplines, procurement, construction and commissioning. Senior Process Engineer has the knowledge which enables him/ her to perform independently process calculations and process design, with a focus on safety, efficiency, cost reduction, improvement of sustainability and maximizing profitability. Senior Process Engineer can be assigned to perform work on a different stage of product development: starting from proposal, feasibility study, through basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering up to commissioning and start-up.
- Maintain and share the knowledge about technologies and processes owned and third party technologies (if applicable),
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and process data sheets for equipment and instruments,
- Design of equipment eg. pumps, heat exchangers, vessels, columns etc.,
- Elaborate process control items,
- Calculate and specify instrumentation items,
- Calculate and specify safety items,
- Correctly interpret the calculations results,
- Ensure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and standards, and good engineering practice,
- Ensure adherence to client and/or company health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) requirements,
- Actively contribute to planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects,
- Participate in HAZOP and ensure implementation of HAZOP recommendations
- Maintain effective communication with superiors, other team members, project team members, clients and vendors,
- Answer technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, providing process troubleshooting, and developing process procedures,
- Be issuer, checker and/ or approver of process documents,
- Act as a resource for other work groups utilizing process knowledge to collaboratively develop and implement solutions,
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and teach less experienced engineers the use of process engineering tools and process execution as described above,
- Perform other assignments as required,
- Originate and facilitate the rollout of new ideas and contribute to continuous improvement of a technical area
- Take initiative in making decisions within established procedures and guidelines.
Reporting line & localisation:
- Senior Process Engineer reports to the Team Manager of Technology.
- This role is located in Krakow, Poland and requires business trips to various centers and to Customers of up to several months.
Competencies and Profile:
- Master degree in Chemical or Process Engineering,
- min. 5 years of professional experience as a Process Engineer in an engineering company for the Oil & Gas industry,
- practical knowledge of steam reforming technology,
- practical knowledge of methanol synthesis plant will be an asset,
- fluency in English is a must,
- knowledge of software tools: AspenPlus, PRO/II, HTRI is an advantage,
- team oriented person who can focus on the details,
- possess strong analytical, organizational and time management skills,
- passion for technical challenges, innovative and solution-driven mindset,
- eager to work in a multicultural team, willing to travel short and long term to other engineering centers and construction sites worldwide.
- interesting, challenging position in an international company
- work in a multicultural team
- training and opportunities to develop
- possibility of changing position, department, gaining new knowledge and experience
- attractive compensation and benefits package
- possibility to purchase company shares on preferential terms
- private healthcare and MultiSport card