Support Services Manager
WHO WE ARE
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, which allows IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
The onset of the wide-scale conflict in Ukraine on February 24th, 2022 has caused widespread damage to infrastructure and houses, hundreds of civilian deaths, disrupted markets and essential services, and precipitated massive displacement in Ukraine and into neighbouring countries such as Poland. IMPACT support the setup and scale-up of the assessment and analysis systems required to inform joint planning and monitoring by government and humanitarian actors in a complex and rapidly evolving situation.
We are currently looking for a IMPACT Support Services Manager to oversee Finance, Logistics and HR for the IMPACT Whole of Ukraine mission. The position is based in Warsaw with travel within Poland and across the region
Supervisor: IMPACT Regional Representative
Title: IMPACT FLAT Manager
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contract duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
1. Support Services Oversight and Quality Control
- Manage the regional finance, logistics and HR staff to ensure they are following the relevant processes and procedures, including but not limited to IMPACT’s, ACTED’s and donors.
- Map the support required within each country office to ensure effective use of resources and ensure gaps are filled through ACTED or by providing support at the regional level
- Develop coherent systems to link the finances, logistics and HR of country offices and the regional office in line with IMPACT and ACTED processes
- Support country focal points in management of country FLAT officers, ensuring capacity building opportunities are provided to build skills where identified
- Provide the Regional Representative regular updates on the status of FLAT departments regionally and in each country office, identifying gaps and opportunities and ensuring all operations are sufficiently resourced
- Ensure all regional and country offices are complying with the filing and documentation requirements according to internal and external requirements
- Stay aware of donor requirements for support services, ensuring all contractual requirements from a finance, HR and logistics perspective are followed
Together with the rest of the senior management, ensure a good work environment and take active steps to ensure staff welfare and ensure that all teams are working towards common goals. This will include building strong professional relationships, having good visibility of issues in teams through regular check-ins, as well as maintaining a professional, respectful, and supportive tone in the office.
2. Financial oversight
- With guidance from the Regional Representative Coordinator and IMPACT HQ Finance and in close coordination with ACTED finance, work with the regional finance team to ensure up-to-date budget follow-up, including through forecasting expenses, tracking expenditure, and adjusting allocations together with project focal points and Research Managers.
- Follow established processes to manage operational spending, particularly international and national staff allocation tables. This will include reviewing and improvising existing processes and identifying opportunities for strategic expansion of coverage.
- Ensure the regional finance team and FLAT officers are able to provide training project focal points how to conduct expense forecasting and to engage in budget follow up.
- Support IMPACT and ACTED finance teams with financial reporting
- Support the Regional Representative in assessing financial risk and finding solutions to mitigate that risk across the region
3. Human Resource Management (recruitment and staff welfare)
- Together with the Regional Representative and country focal points, identify needs for staff recruitment, including capacity or skills gaps
- Ensure country offices have sufficient support in HR processes, including but not limited to: drafting of ToRs, liaison with HR at IMPACT Headquarters, conducting interviews, or contracting new staff
- With the Country focal points and with ACTED HR, ensure that appraisals, contract renewals, and recruitments are done in a timely manner to minimise gaps on the team.
- With the other senior management, maintain team morale, a strong team spirit, and monitor staff welfare, as well as help ensure team cohesion between the various country offices and within and across units.
- Work closely with ACTED and IMPACT counterparts to ensure that IMPACT is aware of relevant HR and administrative risk, particularly considering contractual requirements across various countries
4. Logistics Oversight and Management (procurement, fleet and asset management)
- Together with the Regional Representative and country focal points, ensure all country offices are fully resourced to effectively meet their objectives, identifying procurement and transportation requirements
- Ensure all procurement is done in a timely manner and according to the agreed requirements with ACTED, IMPACT and the donors
- Work with the regional logistics team and country focal points to ensure procurement planning
- Support the regional logistics and country focal points to identify bottlenecks in procurement and transportation planning and identify relevant solutions
- Build strong relationships with ACTED and IMPACT logistics counterparts
5. Capacity Building and Team Management
- Together with the country focal points, regularly liaise on FLAT issues with each of the country offices across Whole of Ukraine to ensure that finance, logistics, administrative, and HR processes are in place, particularly in line with relevant protocols.
- Together with the FLAT focal points, ensure logistics, financial, administration, security, and HR processes have been appropriately implemented and coordinated with the relevant ACTED departments.
- Develop capacity building plans related to identified FLAT needs for country offices and FLAT focal points
- Ensure that the regional logistics, HR and finance teams have full understanding of ACTED, IMPACT and donors’ requirements. Identify capacity building opportunities for them to fill gaps in their understanding.
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master’s degree in relevant discipline required;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience with progressively increasing responsibility in a relevant field – finance, logistics, administration, project management or HR, with a preference for some experience in the humanitarian, development or related settings;
- Excellent team management, coordination, organisational and planning skills required, including ability to manage large workloads, oversee multiple teams and effectively meet deadlines, through an excellent ability to multi-task and prioritise;
- Excellent analytical skills required;
- Ability to work independently and manage people remotely required;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines required;
- Solution-oriented, flexible, and open-minded, including ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment required;
- Fluency in English required; understanding of Polish is an asset;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word and Excel required;
- Experience with institutional funding preferred, ideally with an understanding of humanitarian funding;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills required for effective reporting;
- Experience managing multiple budgets an asset;
- A sense of curiosity, the drive to improve the humanitarian sector, and ability to see the big picture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work in an experienced, international organization
- A chance to be part of the emergency response in the Ukrainian crisis
- A chance to begin a career in the humanitarian sector
- A competitive salary: 13.132.00 PLN gross (flexible upon experience)
- A possibility to work remotely 2 days per week
- A six-month employment contract with a possibility of extension