Technical Support Engineer [rekrutacja online]
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Mobile Networks
Mobile Networks, which includes mobile network products, network deployment and technical support services, and related network management. This business group will offer the full portfolio for customers wanting to buy mobile access networks. It target leadership in key technologies such as 5G, ORAN and vRAN.
Care comprises the support of customers (in line with contractual service agreements) and internal Nokia stakeholders in pre- and post-sales activities with technical and non-technical topics, including first level contact with customers for software and hardware incidents or requests. Ensures readiness of service delivery and covers the provision of recommendations to product houses on design for serviceability aspects. Contains escalation of key issues to appropriate functions. The Technical Support Engineer provides advanced technical and product support within Care service delivery. A global position in a 24x7 support environment with a responsibility to work on complex troubleshooting cases, especially at solution / system level. Also acts as a primary interface to R&D for escalation of customer problems and their follow-up till resolution.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Case Handling and Trouble Resolution
- Care Fault Management and Troubleshooting (cooperation with R&D)
- Project Execution
- Knowledge Management
- OS / Software: Linux (RedHat), Windows, (good to know: Nokia NetAct other Nokia Platforms)
- Networking: TCP/IP (OSI model, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSH, TCP, routing, switching, subnets, ACLs, NAT)
- Database: Oracle or others
- Programming languages (some of them): Java, Python, Perl, C/C++
Good to have:
- Virtualization: VMWare, OpenStack
- SAN Storage
- Telecom: Cellular Networks familiarity (good to know: GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G)
- Problem-solving (Troubleshooting to resolve straightforward Linux and network related technical problems)
- Analytical thinking
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure
- Multitasking, outstanding time management
- Results-driven, eager to collaborate, learn, self-develop and tackle challenges
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.